Copacabana - La Paz


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » La Paz Department » Copacabana
February 3rd 2007
Published: February 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After getting up late. I grabbed the bus for La Paz (Bolivias capital and the highest in the world) with Teresa and Sophia. John and Rach stayed behind as Rach had only just turned up yesterday and John wanted to rest a bit.

The views from the bus were fantastic and half way through our journey we were required to jump off and take a boat to cross part of the lake. The bus would take a shody old barge which worried me somewhat as all my stuff was on bored.

We arrived and stopped to witness the fantastic view of La Paz sitting at the bottom of a valley.

Afterarriving in La Paz(only a 3 hour bus journey) we made our way to the hoastel recommended by a person Rach had met on the way down to Cococabana.

It was called the Adventure brew (it brewed its own beer) and everyday you were entitled to one free beer a day. The bar on the top floor was great, very modern. The hoastel seemed to be a favourite with Australians.

Thatevening we went out to go to a Bolivian cafe recommended within the lonely planet. The large quantity of food only cost 60p but unfortunatlly the whole experience was spoiled by some old man having a go at me because as far as he was concerned this was a cafe for Bolivians only, not Gringos!

We quickley left and went back to the hoastel.

Being saturday night the hoastel organised for everybody to go down to some club/winebar called traffic. It was really good fun and I got hiddiously drunk. In fact I cant even remember moving on to the next place called Mongos. Unfortuntatly or fortunatly most of the Australians were a little worst off then me as they were on alittle more then alcohole.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 82; dbt: 0.113s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb