Sucre 16th to 19th April


Advertisement
Published: May 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Although La Paz is the biggest city in Bolivia (and the seat of government), Sucre is actually the capital of the country. A very odd arrangement. But we had heard that it was a nice, romantic city so we thought that we´d check it out. Also known as "the white city", we didn´t find it as pretty as Arequipa, but we did still find it quite charming.

It was a fantastic place to sit about, relax and talk (we spent almost 3 hours just sitting on the Plaza de Armas talking such was the atmosphere), althought there wasn´t a massive amount in the form of museums etc. The only really excursion was to "take the dino-truck" (as the poster said) and see the largest collection of preserved dinosaur footprints in the world. Expecting a vehicle out of Jurassic Park, we set off to find this "dino-truck" (which turned out to just be a pretty ordinary truck) and took a ride a few kilometres out of town. The footprints were kinda cool, but by far the best thing about the park were the full scale replica dinosaurs (with "realisitic" skin textures) that they had for some reason decided to plonk there. A little strange I have to say...

Take the "Dino" Truck.

Life size dino models.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0482s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb