AMAZING


Advertisement
Published: May 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After 24 hrs of flying and stopovers, we´re finally in Sucre. It´s such a beautiful city but it IS quite dirty as apparently garbage cans let alone recycling are few and far between and most people just drop their garbage on the street. However, the mountain scenery and the culture are incredible. I´ve already taken so many pictures.

We´ve been touring around the city the past few days as this is our only real touristy time until our projects start next week (except our summer retreat where we´re going to Lake Titicaca). THere are quite a few museums and we saw this one that had many different types of masks used in dances from all different parts of Bolivia. Also, today we went to a dinosaur museum. ALthough partially cheesy, it was the largest site for dinosaur footprints in the world! And they were only discovered 12 years ago when a company was extracting the rock to make cement. There are apparently an approximate 5000 tracks from 65 million years ago!! The one funny thing was that they were vertical, but was because of tectonic movement that they were pushed up that way.

Giselle and I also toured a convent yesterday which was so pretty and it had the oldest tree in the area called el milionario because it´s over 1500 years old (yes, I found it interesting haha).

I´m missing Canada already, but having a great time here and praying I don´t get sick even though it´s ridiculously annoying to have to use bottled water for everything, including brushing our teeth.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.034s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb