IGUAZU AND ADIOS BS AS


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina
July 22nd 2006
Published: July 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

IguazuIguazuIguazu

What can i say

IGUAZU FALLS AND THE RIVER PARANA



So here we go, finally after 7 weeks i managed to get to Iguazu Falls with 6 others from the school (the usual suspects so i need not introduce).

Iguazu Falls is a totally amazing falls that is situated between Brasil and Argentina so you have to cross the border a hell of a lot. It is said alot that you get closer to the falls on the Agrentinin side but the brasil side has a better view. its probably a brazilian that said this but it is true, Also the river parana flows between paraguay, Brazil and Argentina, so we went on a boat trip to where you could see all three countries at once, which is not a s good as it sounds.

but anyway

So what is Iguazu


A geological fault produced on the Paraná riverbed made the outlet of the Iguazú river become an abrupt cascade approximately 80 meters high.
This original cascade, has become the most impressive falls of the group, The Devil’s Throat. Eighty meters high, it is located on the principal river course. Depending on the water level, you can see anywhere between
Iguazu RiverIguazu RiverIguazu River

Thats brasil
160 a 260 falls, that on average flow at a rate of 1500 cubic meters of water per second.

DAY 2


(day 1 was travel and hotel so i wont bother telling you about that) But anyway Day 2.
We visited the Argentinian side first on Day 2. this is the side of Iguazu that has the most walks and treks that you can do. So we spent a good six hours walking through some stunning natural forests and looking at some beautifull falls until we came across the main water fall. This is such a gorgeous place to be and although Iguazu has been a bit dry lately the falls are still magnificant to see.

We were so lucky aswell to see monkeys (horay) in the trees and also toucans in the wild. This was such a great trip. the weather was fantastic and so sunny, i actually had to use sun cream for the first time. but i have a great tan now.

The iguazu national park is really a beautifull place and we had seen so much nature and flowers before we got to the falls that it was such a great day.
Iguazu Iguazu Iguazu

Nice View

DAY 3 Brasil

.
IT was true that the veiw is such alot better from the brasil side, but as bad luck was going to have me at some point my camera battery died that morning so i have no pictures from the brasil side. Sorry.

But to finish off, it was a trip that was great, i only need a few wods as i will let the pictures speak for themselves.

And if you are still not satisfied vist the website.
http://www.iguazuargentina.com/

Thats it then folks, See you in Peru








Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Iguazu Iguazu
Iguazu

On the walk
The BandThe Band
The Band

Whilst Walking the Boys decided on there new Album cover.
IguazuIguazu
Iguazu

Its just pretty
KnackeredKnackered
Knackered

The Boys take a break
BridgeBridge
Bridge

I just like this picture


Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb