IGUAZZA FALLS


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina
September 17th 2012
Published: September 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

11thSeptember

Flight to Iguazu today. Met by our guide where we proceeded to go directly to the falls. Toured around – absolutely magnificent. Words and pictures don't describe the falls. They are incredible. We all went on a board ride where they take you up close to the falls and got soaking wet but it was the greatest fun. That took the whole afternoon.

By the time we got across the border to Brazil and checked into the Hotel Cataratas it was 7pm. We will probably all have an early night as tomorrow will be a long day.

12th September

The hotel is very 5 star and it was a nice change from the hotels we have previously stayed at in Sth America. See pictures

8.30am start to walk around the Brazilian side of the falls. Fantastic day and very warm (31deg). Falls are magnificent. Again words can't describe it. I had a helicopter ride and saw the falls from the air. It was 5pm before we finished our tour. This is a magnificent national park and a joint concern between Argentina and Brazil. Everything is just excellent with the way it is set up and run. They have a train you can take to get to a couple of different spots for walks. The pictures don’t do it justice but have lots more to look at when I get home.

Took the long ride to the airport at Brazil. It takes a while to get across the border.

Brazil airport

What an experience. Very serious place. When going through customs I had to completely empty my backpack and my toothpaste and handcream was confiscated. Plane ended up being ½ hr late so we didn’t get into Lima until 11.30pm. We were picked up at the airport and taken to our hotel called Hotel Senorial in the Miraflores district. Went to bed as absolutely exhausted.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.023s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb