Argentina (Part 1)


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina
September 18th 2011
Published: December 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This was one of the most scenic bus journeys in South America, even recommended by the travel bible, Lonely Planet. The country side and mountains were spectacular. As we neared Salta, 3 hours behind schedule, Jonathan started to not feel well. The next 12 hours he spent getting sick, from the bus to the hostel. Even tho he was wearing half his ruck sack of clothes he was still freezing. Luckily it passed after that but that was the first dose of food poison any of us had gotten on the whole trip. Apparently in Bolivia everyone is guaranteed to get it at least once but it must have come from Chile. The next day, not a lot was done as Jonathan wasn’t feeling great so we looked up ways of getting out of there. Iguazu falls on the Argentinian/Brazilian border was our main destination. We had heard that flights within Argentina were very cheap so that was one of the reasons to go to Salta. This was obviously not the case. They were very expensive, as too were the buses. Then we said why the hell not head straight to Rio de Jaineiro in Brazil and do Iguazu on the way back? So as it worked out, it wasn’t that much more to fly there than it was to fly to Iguazu. So then it was time for an early dinner as we had another 5am start, this time to the airport and on to Rio de Jaineiro.. Samba time…

Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0656s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb