More "Wow-ness" and Dorm living


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina
May 29th 2011
Published: May 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Our last day in Bariloch, its the longest we've stayed anywhere since BA and has been nice to relax and not have to worry about any imminent coach trips!

We have had one day of rain and yesterday started overcast but cleared up and we have had lots more "wow" moments!

We took the cable car up to the top of the hill and saw amazing views, we walked up a mountain (instead of the chair lift) and saw more amazing views, we took bus to Llao Llao where the best Argentinian hotel is and did another walk uphill with amazing views, we saw more condors and eagles (at much closer quarters) and we saw humming birds and ibis!

So, probably time to move on!

In amongst the wow-ness we had to move out of dorm and into double room to try to get a decent night's sleep - which thanks to a snoring, fidgeting Argentinian and a very drunk, sick Englishman we were not getting in the dorm! Still, its not put us off and we've booked a dorm for next stop!

We get the bus tomorrow (a mere 7 hour journey) to somewhere in Chile from where we have to get a local bus to our destination - Puerto Montt. We will then make our way up to Santigao where we're thinking of hiring an apartment for a week - bit of luxury for Gordon's birthday!

We have just been out to see a beautiful sunset and have managed to upload our 10 videos onto youtube;

http://www.youtube.com/user/wendypitt


Additional photos below
Photos: 34, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0584s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb