Bariloche - Leaving Patagonia


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina
April 2nd 2011
Published: April 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Bike Ride - Bariloche 17 secs
Duff Beer, Fine Chocolates, Ice Creeeeam: A few nice surprises that we discovered in Bariloche. Add in the beautiful lakes, mountains, outdoor sports et al. Bariloche was another adventure. Making the 32 hour bus-athon from El Chalten was a new record for us. I think we can handle almost any arduous journeys after that one.

Bariloche is the part of Patagonia that most Argentineans will have visited, especially the Portenos. While the town looks like it was plucked straight from the Swiss Alps, it is located in the top of Patagonia on the West of Argentina. From here it is relatively easily accessible to Buenos Aires (18 hours), Cordoba and Mendoza. In Winter, the ski resorts boom, while in Summer visitors can choose from Kayaking, hiking, mountaineering, horse-riding, paragliding, bicycling etc.

Sarah and I stayed at one of favorite hostels so far. The Penthouse 1004 is aptly named as it sits atop the tallest building in Bariloche overlooking the lake and town. After doing some fairly hardcore hiking / camping in Torres del Paine and El Chalten, we took it a bit easier in Bariloche. The weather was perfect over our four days as we kayaked, went horse-riding, and I managed to sneak away for a decent bike ride around the seven lakes.

We hope you enjoy the photos!



Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Border Jumpers RenunionBorder Jumpers Renunion
Border Jumpers Renunion

Us with Julia & Karin. You may remember this group from the epic trip from Rio Turbio to Puerto Natales.
View from our hostalView from our hostal
View from our hostal

Penthouse 1004. Top place to stay!
CatchCatch
Catch

Sarah plays with a pooch
Horse PowerHorse Power
Horse Power

Our mules are ready to go! We had fun horse-riding.
Easy girlEasy girl
Easy girl

Sarah gets ready to ride out
Fun times Fun times
Fun times

Horse riding & kayaking
Putting out a firePutting out a fire
Putting out a fire

...with the largest extinguisher in the world!
Done!Done!
Done!

40k up and down steep hills in under 2 hours. Phew!


Tot: 0.175s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.084s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb