Iguazu Falls


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina
December 6th 2009
Published: December 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The 29th of November

We woke and though Bowks not quite 100% she was feeling somewhat better so we ate breakkie and caught the bus to Iguazu Falls. The falls were breath taking. We wandered around the national park looking at the various waterfalls. It was truely amazing to watch so much water fall, thousands of gallons every second and the sheer power of it was mind blowing. The national park had a series of paths that weaved both above and below the waterfalls giving great views and when not next to the falls they passed through jungle landscape where an array of wildlife could be seen including toucans, coites, lizards both small and large and 100´s of species of butterfly all of which we had the enjoyment of seeing.

After enjoying an ice lolly we headed to the rivers edge where we took a ride on a speed boat that took us right up close to the foot of the falls where we proceeded to get completely soaked. I found it quite un-nerving sitting in the boat looking at the strength of the currents in the water that looked like they could swallow you whole quite easily and spit you out a mile down stream. We carried on exploring the falls and caught a miniture train that took us to the Devils Mouth, the most famous part of the falls where the majority of the water from the river drops in a horse shoe formation and the place where the Argentinian and Brazilian falls meet. Oh my life! It was phenomenal and all I can say is that you would need to see it to believe it! The Iguazu Falls are certainly an experience and photos don´t do it justice.

That evening, back at the hostel we had the buffet tea that was on offer, (well I did and Bowks nibbled on the edges). Then with the hostel booked in Rio for two days time we hit the sack in preparation for another mammouth 23 hour bus journey.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

The Devils MouthThe Devils Mouth
The Devils Mouth

It has a brilliant rainbow going over the top


Tot: 0.226s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 16; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0634s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb