Rosario


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina
December 3rd 2007
Published: December 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Rosario..............finally some warm temperatures

Rosario is four hours northeast of Buenos Aires.....it is inland and the temperatures were finally SUMMERY! We didn~t book a place here and wandered the town for about an hour with our backpacks in the heat, getting turned away from two hostels before a receptionist at the second hostel phoned everyone in town, and finally we checked into '' LA COMUNIdad''.

Highlights of Rosario:
1. Thunderstorm in the morning
2. Hailstorm in the afternoon
3. Sunburns/tans between the thunderstorm in the morning and the hailstorm in the afternoon. We went to the beach on an island. We had to take a ferry. It was really cool that there was beach sand on this river.
4. Met a plastic surgeon from Buenos Aires (note: BA is a hot spot for plastic surgery and beautiful people.....I think I read that Argentina has the third largest rate of people (%!p(MISSING)opulation) getting plastic surgery....after the United States and Mexico.)
5. Pizza Restaurant that served Chloe´s ceasar salad in a cube.

We only stayed in Rosario for one night....................then off to Montevideo, Uruguay via a 9 hour bus.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Hail Storm ApproachesHail Storm Approaches
Hail Storm Approaches

It was a serious storm, and we were on a boat crossing the river when it happened. The boat had a roof, so there was no need to hire the plastic surgeon after the facial/eye injuries that the hail could have caused. Note...........safe boaters should try to ensure they do not boat in hail storms or other storms.
View of Rasario from islandView of Rasario from island
View of Rasario from island

population: aprox 1 million


4th December 2007

What weather
Wow, that's the craziest weather story I've heard.

Tot: 0.251s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0561s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb