Easter Island to Tucuman


Advertisement
Published: May 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Tramp in the ParkTramp in the ParkTramp in the Park

40 winks between buses in Mendoza
After leaving Easter Island several days ago we have been constantly on the move catching planes and buses and living as gypsies on the road. We landed at Santiago in Chile in the evening and headed straight out to catch the airport bus to the omnibus terminal. Here we hoped to transfer to the next overnight bus over the Andes to Mendoza and on... So we hopped onto the bus with precision timing and departed within minutes of boarding. We placed ourselves down the back where there was plenty of room for our packs and sat back to relax before our expected rush to find a connection to Argentina. It was not long before we looked at each other and then at the other passengers as the bus launched over speed bus looking for air time and flew around corners with rally driving speed. This driver was a maniac and was sure to get us to the bus terminal in good time as required (the only unknown was in how many pieces!!). As we approached our stop we got up picking up our large packs and carefully moved towards the front of the bus to hop off, or that was the plan.... the driver swung in waited 2 seconds and started to pull out as Leanne yelled from the aisle (and we are talking a scream!). Maybe we should have guessed from his driving style but this only encouraged the guy and he accelerated out. So after a heated discussion from the front of the bus and refusing to sit down he finally pulled over to allow us to walk several blocks in the dark back to our stop. Matt now has learning to swear in Spanish at the top of his to do list.
The bus ride to Mendoza was uneventful but gave Leanne time to shake a cold she is holding off. We enjoyed the day in the sun at the park in Mendoza before hoping another overnighter to where we currently are in Tucuman. This is much like the weather in Mendoza e.g. perfect blue sky everyday only hotter as it is 13hrs north. The center square surrounded in Orange trees laden with fruit that Leanne already has her eyes on.
So a much needed shower, some laundry and a relaxing day here before we jump a short 3hr bus tomorrow morning to Tafi Del Valle which should
TucumanTucumanTucuman

Orange trees everywhere
be the entrance back into the hills for some more hiking.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 64; dbt: 0.0768s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb