Ushuaia


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Tierra del Fuego » Ushuaia
February 2nd 2017
Published: February 11th 2017
Edit Blog Post

I made it to the "end of the world" (not really). This is the most southern city (I was told Puerto Williams is a town so it does not count haha). It is also where the Panamerican road ends (the one that starts in Alaska). It is quite a cool city with a nice view on the Beagle Channel, huge boats getting ready for the Antarctic, but also smaller boats going, how scary! I learnt about the Argentinian Patagonian History a little as there is a cute museum with wax statues but I won´t bore you with it this time apart from one info I did not know. There is an ex prison here that used a bit like Al Catraz in the USA. Because of the harsh living conditions in this part of the world, the worst criminals were sent here in Ushuaia along with political prisoners, there has never been an attempt to escape although it was only surrounded with barbed wire, no thick wall cause nature already was a prison for humans back then.

I did a few hikes here, one of them was super cool cause it is not regulated as much here, so we could get to the glacier and under it. Didn´t stay too long under it cause you never know when it is going to break but it was so beautiful to see through the ice, all the sediments stuck in it and air bubbles. as you went further, you could see how blue it gets when compact. It was really gorgeous. By the way Isa, we thought we had a lot of mud in Torres del Paine.....nope, it was nothing compared to the mud you get here, if you step in the wrong place, you sink in to the knee. It happend to a couple of girls I walked with hehehe. But it was fun!

Lovely place and historical, mythical! (rainy)


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

DSC_0834DSC_0834
DSC_0834

you make freinds with dogs everywhere you go in Patagonia!
DSC_0875DSC_0875
DSC_0875

we think this happens because the soil is so muddy, unstable. So many trees were unrooted. You do not want to be here on a rainy day!


22nd March 2017
DSC_0796

Tellement canon !!! C'est super ce que tu vis rolala ! Plein de gros bisous et je pense bien fort à toi
22nd March 2017
DSC_0796

Tellement canon !!! C'est super ce que tu vis rolala ! Plein de gros bisous et je pense bien fort à toi

Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0173s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb