Fin del Mundo


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Tierra del Fuego » Ushuaia
January 10th 2015
Published: February 12th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Fin del Mundo - End of the world



Ushuaia - most southern city in the world, huge tourist city as it is the gate way to the Antarctica. Ushuaia was originally founded as a penal colony (prison)

On the edge of the city is also the entrance to Tierra del Fuego National Park.



The city is built on a mountain, so every street is layer/tired down to the port.

We arrived in Ushuaia just in time for dinner.....their local specialty is King Crab (similar to Alaskan KC) of course Sean being the adventurous eater went for the KC.

We woke to the extremely loud sound of Latin dance music, wow do these Argentines know how to party to the wee hours.

It is a balmy 2degrees, we all sleep in long johns and toques! We had a lazy start to the morning and then went for a 3 hr. hike in the mountains along side the Beagle Channel (The gate way to Antarctica)



Tonight we found the most amazing place to park for the night, we are sleeping on the side of a cliff on the Beagle Channel over looking the city of Ushuaia. Soooooo cool!

We will stay for another day and then start our journey up the other side of Argentina - the famous route 40 and will zigzag in and out of Chile!



AUSTRIA .......in Ushuaia



We met a lovey family in Ushuaia from Austria, they have also rented an RV and are traveling for 8 weeks.

Claudia, Martin, Grata (14) Eric, Jacob (9yr. Old twins) Elias (3.5)


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement




Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 12; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0679s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb