Ushuaia - Tierra del Fuego National Park


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Tierra del Fuego » Ushuaia
March 4th 2011
Published: March 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today we decided to go to Tierra del Fuego National Park for a short hike and take it easy the rest of the day. A round-trip transfer costs $70 ARS from the main bus stop and it took less than 30 minutes to get there. We decided to hike the easy Coastal Trail which took us about 2:30 hours. Maybe because it’s very much like hiking on the west coast of Canada I didn’t find it as rewarding as hiking in Patagonia.

In the afternoon I went back to the water front and walked around town. Apparently many stores close for a bit in the afternoon for some siesta. There was the option to hike up to Martial Glacier for better views of Ushuaia and the Beagle Channel, but I had seen enough glaciers already and this one didn’t look nearly as impressive.

For my last night in Argentina we had home-cooked traditional asado Argentino, including cow intestines (chinchulines). It tasted kind of pasty and not very palatable, which was the consensus among the non-Argentinians at the table. I think the grilling / roasting process was part of the fun. Cinder from burning wood was used to cook, which meant the process is slow. After close to 3 hours it was decided to speed up the process by using coal. Fun experience, but I think I’ll stick to a non-organ meat dish from now on.



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Asado ArgentinoAsado Argentino
Asado Argentino

costillas de cerdo


Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0925s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb