Day 10


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Tierra del Fuego » Ushuaia
January 27th 2011
Published: February 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

After having done the trekking, and having seen the penguins we decided to go for a boat trip around the Beagle Channel. It was a nice trip approximately two and a half hours with an opportunity to see some sea lions basking on some rocks. One thing I did not know before this day is that sea lions stink something rotten. The penguins smell fishy, but the sea lions just stink.

On the way back we stopped off at this small island for a short stroll. Before we landed one of the crew announced both in Spanish and in English that the island was a natural reserve and therefore asked everyone very nicely not to leave anything on the island, nor remove anything from the island.

As we were walking along the marked path I noticed a couple of the Argentineans pick up and pocket a couple of stones. Normal stones, stones you could find virtually anywhere in the world. Now I don’t really care that they took the stones after having been asked not to. But what are these people going to do with these stones? They aren’t precious. They don’t look special. They’re nothing, so why take them.

After our trip we went to a lovely restaurant to say goodbye to Ushuaia.


Advertisement



13th February 2011

Sounds like you are having a brilliant time. I have learned something new from your blog and will always make sure I keep down wind of a sea lion!

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0403s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb