Cerro del Medio trail


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Tierra del Fuego » Ushuaia
March 7th 2006
Published: March 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

This was my first hike in Ushuaia.
It started at the end of the city, continued into a forest and went up the mountain.
The forest looked like a forest is supposed to look - dense vegetation, mushrooms every few meters, small streams.
In some places the trees were so dense that the sunlight was like after sunset, although it was noon.
It felt to me as if I'm in some kind of a ferry tail, and the bad witch is going to appear behind some tree at any second.

After climbing up the forest we reached the end of the tree line, and from there we could see all Ushuaia as if it was in our hands.
We continued up the mountain to reach Laguna Margot.
The scenery there looked virgin, and I had a feeling as if I'm Marco Polo or Columbus, discovering an untouched and unknown land for the first time with my friends.

Suddenly the weather changed dramatically from a sunny day into a snow blizzard.
I was really excited with this sudden snow, but the wind combined with the snow made our ascend to the laguna a tough one.
When we finally reached it
Me & Hadas & LiorMe & Hadas & LiorMe & Hadas & Lior

I'm the only 'Jobnik' in the picture
after some effort, we were highly disappointed, as it was no more than an ugly pond, so our efforts were not reworded.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

The viewThe view
The view

above the tree line


Tot: 0.226s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 15; qc: 91; dbt: 0.1572s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb