Iguazu Falls to Rosario


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Santa Fe » Rosario
September 20th 2008
Published: September 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Sitting on the bus to Rosario from Puerto Iguazu and finally writing again. NB: if you need to take the bus on a long haul trip, they’re great, but some are better than others. All show DVD’s and serve dinner, etc. We first took Cuerco del Norte, great. Wine with dinner, and even champers later on. Now we’re on Expreso Singer, not so good, especially if you’re 6’ or taller. Those few inches in leg space make a huge difference, as well as being a less tightly run unit. Anyway, Marianne and Callum are comfortable and that’s the main thing…apparently.

So, the Iguazu Falls. What shall I say? Awesome? Outstanding? Unbelievable? Over-whelming? Tremendous? … Shall I go on? I could. The sheer immenseness and thundering crashes cannot easily be put into words. Looking at our or any pictures or video will not describe the beauty, the magnificence of the Falls. Just GO and be amazed. The boat ride was probably better than any amusement park ride I’ve ever been on. We got absolutely drenched, but laughed the whole way, I think in pure astonishment at the size and awesomeness. I think I’m running out of superlatives. Just look up Rev 4:11.
Then there’s the butterflies. Wouldn’t be able count how many different types we saw, let alone how many thousands there were. Extraordinary. Again, too hard to describe and the photos don’t do them justice. Beautiful.

Just saw a funny thing. Over here, drinking maté (like tea) is all the rage. Anyway, our bus driver just pulled up and filled up his thermos (that they all carry around also) with hot water from a hot water tank specially for that reason outside a public toilet block! Sorry, couldn’t find the camera fast enough.

We took a taxi to the meeting, we would never of found it ourselves. There’s no street signs and they all look the same. We’re not used to this type of welcome, but it’s something wonderful. The applause to swap greetings would normally be heard in an opera house. And in Peurto Iguazu, they kiss both cheeks…and insist on it! Massive need here too, if you’re keen. Just over 100 publishers for a territory of 70,000. A little girl gave us some dirt and seeds of Iguazu from the cong, but there’s no way we’d get it past customs…sorry.

We planned to go through Paraguay to Asuncion, but just found out we’d need a visa! Can’t believe anyone in Australia! 'Yeah, go there, it's no drama.' And there’s nothing about that on any government websites. Hence our decision to go straight to Rosario. There’s other places we could see on the way, and would've loved to. But we’d rather spend more time in one place and meet as well as go out with the brothers, like we did in BA. So we'll stay here for a few days and get to know them.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

bus terminal in BA #2bus terminal in BA #2
bus terminal in BA #2

other side to bus terminal
El DorardoEl Dorardo
El Dorardo

On the way to Iguazu
Little bus to FallsLittle bus to Falls
Little bus to Falls

The couple in front are from Switzerland, and the couple behind from Belgium.


Tot: 0.229s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1838s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb