PATAGONIA: Argentinian Rules...Following the Judge down Ruta 40


Advertisement
South America » Argentina » Santa Cruz » Los Antiguos
February 12th 2014
Published: February 12th 2014
Edit Blog Post

PATAGONIA: Argentinian Rules...Following the Judge down Ruta 40. When heading into the unknown...a Guardian Angel or four comes as more than handy. When a stranger...a tall hombre in a ute flying an Argentinian flag says "Follow us...the road is dangerous ahead"...Do you follow? We did...and who'd have guessed how it ended up? ***** There were supposed to be four of us but we are in Ba... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 101, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

HAPPY TO BE HEREHAPPY TO BE HERE
HAPPY TO BE HERE

Los Antiguos
NO ROOM IN THE INNNO ROOM IN THE INN
NO ROOM IN THE INN

Cherry Festival camping
FAST FOODFAST FOOD
FAST FOOD

Cherry Festival
CHAQUENO PALAVECIMOCHAQUENO PALAVECIMO
CHAQUENO PALAVECIMO

Famous Argentine Folk Singer
FRIENDS IN LOS ANTIGUOSFRIENDS IN LOS ANTIGUOS
FRIENDS IN LOS ANTIGUOS

Zina, Ronnie, David & Denise
FAREWELLS AT THE BORDERFAREWELLS AT THE BORDER
FAREWELLS AT THE BORDER

Entering Chile for our next adventure



12th February 2014

Fangio
After that 128k "rally" drive on pebbles & silt I came to the conclusion that most of the Argentian men I had met were related in some way to Juan Manuel Fangio!
12th February 2014

Fangio
I never could understand why we'd be travelling as fast as we safely could in the Ford Echo in Patagonia and a vehicle would overtake at rocket speed...on wide, narrow, tarmaced or dirt roads...condition of road irrelevant. You are probably right...they all thought they were related to Fangio.
12th February 2014

Dance shoes ready for Patagonia
Thanks for describing the terrain changes along the way. An amazing country. Darn, we've got to get there. Gauchos abound and great music a necessity. Glad you could stop along the road and party. Dancing Dave and Denise we've decided you are a party waiting to happen. I knew you'd get that room rented before you arrived in town. No worries.
12th February 2014

Dance shoes ready for Patagonia
Hi MJ. I guess we went prepared to party...just didn't expect it by the side of the road in the middle of nowhere. Also didn't expect the scenery would get better and better the further we travelled...but it did.
12th February 2014
LOS ANTIGUOS

Serendipity!
Great adventures in wild Patagonia! Sometimes traveling in a private car can cut you off from contact with the "natives," but you two manage to find people and parties wherever you go. Very impressed with you making that long drive on our "wrong" side of the road, too. Los Antiguos looks gorgeous--much better than the ugly, dusty town those of us in public transport got dumped in. Great choices!
12th February 2014
LOS ANTIGUOS

Serendipity!
Being TBs Queen of Patagonia due to your lengthy stays in the region Tara, I thought you'd like this blog. The friendliness of the locals gave us the confidence to head into some pretty isolated locales...driving into serendipity in overdrive. The scenery as you know is extraordinarily diverse and spectacular. And that short stretch on the wrong side of the road scared us so much we fortunately did not repeat it. Serendipity is after all wonderful things happening by accident...not being involved in an accident!
13th February 2014

I think you got hustled by a judge...
Argentinian rules indeed! That's happened to me before at a Christmas office party...the 8 ball in the wrong pocket. I love serendipity...happens all the time to us...lucky like Den.
13th February 2014

I think you got hustled by a judge...
I sent this blog to the judge Bob, and received a delightful reply. I hope to hear from Ronnie & Zina. Having further contact with those you meet travelling is another reward of serendipity that we rather enjoy. As you also play, we should raise our cues for an International Challenge when we meet again Bob...looking forward to that.
14th February 2014
NO A LA MINA

Nice Blog
Nice Blog Sharing for information. Cheapest Flight Tickets from Bangalore to Ranchi
16th February 2014

Brave!
Very brave of you guys to rent a car, I know we have seen many cars with flats along the side of the road. Gotta love a good road trip :-)
16th February 2014

Brave!
Thanks Binns & Cheryl. No regrets hiring a car as my next blog will make clear. We could access wild and remote areas in Patagonia...but optimism was essential as some days the roads were ours alone. Keep safe and have a blast as you travel this amazing region. I'm looking forward to seeing where the Patagonian wind carries you.

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 18; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0452s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb