Trekking and Proposals in Fitzroy


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Santa Cruz » El Chaltén
March 13th 2006
Published: March 14th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Yet more news since last time - we are engaged! We´ve spent the last week or so in the mountains around El Chalten (Fitzroy range) mostly camping and trekking. Ben and Subhani have headed on to the rest of their travels after Ben joined us for the first day of trekking (Subhani quite sensibly staying indoors in the horrendous weather!) though we are planning to meet up again in the Argentinian lake district for a drink or two before they head to Chile and Bolivia. We havn't yet managed to get out of bed before 10am without Ben there to get us organised in the mornings!
The first couple of days were pretty bad weather wise with incredible winds and a fair amount of rain, howether things eventually picked up and we trekked to a fantastic spot on a hill overlooking Fitzroy and two lakes on the third day. I (Angus) was planning on proposing later on in the trip (after getting a ring) but it seemed and felt like the perfect spot, after nearly fainting with surprise Emily said yes and waited all of 10 minutes before starting to talk about wedding plans!. No weddings just yet as we will wait until after we get back from Malawi/New Zealand.
After spending two days celebrating and ringing family in El Chaiten we headed back to the hills for a champagne dinner by a lake, another overnight camp and some glacier trekking (incredible gusts of wind knocked people over regularly making things quite funny but a bit worrying). Another two days on a bus (made much more entertaining by discussing politics with some very nice (and passionate) Israeli guys), we´re having a well earned rest (and getting some much needed laundry done) in Bariloche while planning the next bit of the trip.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



8th June 2006

Engagement or carry the chapagne for longer
Congratulations guys. Angus - I hope the reason for proposing where you did was not that you weren't strong enough to carry the champagne for a few more weeks trekking around Patagonia.

Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 68; dbt: 0.0766s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb