Taking to the Skies in Bariloche


Advertisement
Published: March 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Bariloche is a bustling town in the Argentinian lake district and a great place for adventure sports and partying, we´ve had a great time here doing both. We joined Ben and Subhani again and started the week by celebrating our engagement with a bottle or two of champagne and some spicy food (a rarity in Argentina) in a Mexican restaurant. Most evenings seemed to follow a similar pattern and after clubbing until 5 in the morning on the last night (St. Partricks day, quite strange drinking local beer dyed green and Guiness in an Irish bar with a bagpipe player in an Argentinian town), we were pretty knackered. Daytime was also busy, we started with mountain biking, which was great until the pedel fell off my (Angus´s) bike, we kept going with the help of an occasional tow from Ben and finished the day with a huge number of cakes and in a nearby Welsh teahouse. The next day we went tandem paragliding above Bariloche and the lakes, Emily gets vertigo and was initially wary (she looked like someone about to face a firing squad pre take off) but absolutely loved it once she got going, flew the highest of all of us (1800m) and got to have a go at the controls. I got so sick when the instructor was demonstating acrobatics I had to ask him to stop but otherwise it was fantastic. We took to the water the next day for a day of kayaking in a beautiful area of the lakes (leaving all of us (including Subhani who can´t swim) wanting to buy double kayaks when we get back to blighty) and then hired a car and did a bit of hiking the next. All in all a great week and we´re very sad to say goodbye to Ben and Subhani at the end of it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Welsh TeaWelsh Tea
Welsh Tea

Before the cakes arrived
St Patrick's Day with our new friend CraigSt Patrick's Day with our new friend Craig
St Patrick's Day with our new friend Craig

Craig is an American medical student we met at our hostel at a communal dinner in Bariloche


Tot: 0.315s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 64; dbt: 0.2542s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb