El Calafate


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Santa Cruz » El Calafate
March 7th 2009
Published: April 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

After a 16hr bus journey from Ushuaia we were delighted to arrive to a lovely hostel called I Kew Ken Hostel. We arrived in at 11pm and while we were just settling to go to bed, a swiss guy said to us that he and 2other swiss Ruth and Julius had rented a car and were heading to the Glacier Perito Moreno at 6am, and if we wud like to go it would be great as the cost would not be as much and we would get into the national park for free seen as we would get there so early. Naturally we accepted and were wrecked gopin but the pics and scenery was amazing!!! It ended up costing us about 40euro each.
It was an all day cruise and so we were wrecked by the time we got back.
We ended up meeting another irish couple Big James and Helen from Kerry and Dublin. We ended up drinking with them and had an ould sing song and looked like eejits but we were hammered so it didnt matter.
Ended up staying 3nights and it was off to Bariloche for St Patricks day. We had planned on meeting up with James and Helen for Paddys day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 131, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0751s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb