Stop No.10


Advertisement
Published: April 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Bariloche was planned for a long time because we wanted to be in a good city for Paddys day. We had ended up staying for 7days. The first 3 had been in Marcopolo Inn Hostel where we had planned to be in a quiet hostel before the madness of St Patricks Day. We were wrong, the first night we went into the hostel we seen 2dubs falling round the hostel bar, they were locked and trying to play pool. we said we had to get to know these 2 so we had good group for the big day. Collie and Darlene were their names. We had organised a whole day of it for st patricks day. They however had a lot more party pieces organised. They had gotten wool, green, white and gold and were planning on making head bands and wrist bands for Paddys day. They also had ides like making irish flags with sheets of the 3colours. Cutting out shamrock shapes in the same colours. We just needed a bar to set all the shit up in. The hostel bar in Marcopolo Inn was a good option seen as though we got v friendly with the owner Jay, he said it was cool to do so. On the 16th we all (6irish and Jay the Bartender) made headbands, wristbands and irish flags and shamrocks for the 17th. On St Patricks Day meself and sorcha went for an american breakfast (closest we could get to Irish breakfast) and a beer at 11am and met the other 4irish at the restaurant. (they obviously had the same idea!!) We then went to set up the bar so we could get ready for the days drinking. In the meantime on the 16th eself nd sorcha had moved to an Irish hostel called Hostel Pudu, we ended up meeting a couple more irish here, and the owners were from Dublin so it was cool to have a party here.


Additional photos below
Photos: 151, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0412s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb