Feliz Navidad from Salta


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Salta
December 25th 2005
Published: December 30th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Christmas Dinner!!Christmas Dinner!!Christmas Dinner!!

Queso empanadas and cervesa, oh and the whole city in our view!!!
Salta is beautiful!! A city in the NW of Argentina, surrounded by stunning green mountains and buildings with great colonial architecture. It is 1190m above sea level and has a great plaza, fab for christmas breakfast!

We wanted a spectacular view for christams dinner and thats just what we got! We walked up 1070 steps, with our packed lunch to the top of the cerrosan bernardo mountain at the edge of the city (1458m high).
It was a great way to spend christmas day, we thought of you all stuffing yourselves silly with mince pies and the like!
When we reached the top the views were fab, we could see the city in its entirity and beyond, 360° views across tree lined mountains. This was of course, the perfect place to have our christmas dinner 'Queso empanadas & Cervesa' (cheese pasties and beer, oh and a packed of cheese puffs) - Magnifico!

We nearly adopted a dog at the top, with a backpack! in it he had his food & his lead, very resourceful, I wish I could travel that light!

The walk down was much easier, and at the bottom the city was buzzing with people celebrating christmas in the park and by the lake, having loads of fun! We had a heldera for dessert (icecream), no mince pies tho!

Salta has a great nightlife, with loads of bars, cafes and clubs (including a few folk dancing clubs)!

But one of our many reasons for being here is to see the surrounding areas- Catchi & Cafayate, and for the next 2 days, we will be on an adventure!

Feliz Navidad

Hayley
xxxxxx




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 29; qc: 122; dbt: 0.1004s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb