Salta


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Salta
May 26th 2007
Published: August 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We left Mendoza for Salta and arrived in the early hours of the morning. That day we explored Salta visiting the handicraft market and the many churches. Salta struck us as a very religious place even more so than the rest of Argentina. That afternoon we went for pizza and the man selling newspapers on the street wanted our left overs, even the crusts, we felt so sorry for him. We finally met up with Patrick after missing each other several times in Mendoza and went to an Irish bar and tried the local beer - Salta.

Whilst in Salta we climbed the mountain with 1070 steps, it offered a great view of the city but as we reached the top the clouds came in and it even started snowing. On the way up we passed some kids who were taking their bikes up there, it was a long way up and we're not sure how they were planning on getting down, if it was on their bikes they were crazy. Salta had many plazas with orange trees as the weather is generally warm all year round, apart from when we were there and we sat in out hostel in our hats and gloves!!!

That night we went to see Pirates of the Caribbean. The cinema was exactly like ours, we had a huge box of popcorn to share and the film was really good.

The next day Maja and Anouska joint us in Salta and we went to watch Spiderman 3. It was our last night in Argentina and we had the best steak and a really nice bottle of red wine from Mendoza.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

ViewView
View

It looks so fake but its real honest
SignSign
Sign

It was not as bad as we first thought maybe the Sams are getting fitter
View from busView from bus
View from bus

It was a very windy road but spectacular views


Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 25; qc: 109; dbt: 0.0997s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb