Bariloche and Mendoza


Advertisement
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We got a bus early in the morning from Pucon to Bariloche. Tracey and Maja left us but we carried on travelling with Stephan who looked after us and gave us actimal every morning. The first night we were there we went for a mexican and then to Kilkenny pub. The funny thing was we could not get any alcohol anywhere in town because of elections.

Whilst in Bariloche we went for a long walk through the forest and along the lake. We visited the very small village of Shou Shou which was very pretty. Again we had another dog follow us all the way until we made our way home on the bus. Bariloche is famous for its chocolate. There were chocolate shops everywhere which were huge. We purchased a box shaped like a house which had 7 boxes inside to give us energy for all these long wlks we keep going on.

We took a night bus to Mendoza and checked into Hostel Lao. There we met up with Maja again. The hostel had a dog called Astor. He was a huge dog but only a puppy with big ears. He was very playful and loved to bring leaves in from the garden, put it infront of you and wanted you to try take it from him. He would do this every minute of everyday to all the guests. We think he was crazy.

We took a walk through town and went for a mexican again that evening. The following day we went on a bike tour to visit all the wineries. Our first stop we tasted chocolate and unusual liqors. We visited 2 different winieries where we learnt how the wine was made, how to taste the wine and about the different qualities of the wines. We sat on the terrace enjoying the sun,wine and scenery. After the wine the bike ride was more difficult and we did not even have time to eat.

The next day we went to the park and relaxed in the sun, catching up with our journals and trying to learn spanish. It was a nice day as we feel like we have been non stop since we left.

P.S Sorry guys for all these blogs. We had one day to catch up. Hope you enjoy them!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



7th June 2007

mmmmmmm chocolate!
Hey girls! glad to see you're enjoying yourselves! Everything looks awesome and I hope you're having as incredible time as you seem to be. Sorry it's taken me so long to say hi- Lee's rubbish. ;) (ok he's not really, he took me to Venice for my birthday and most rubbish people won't do that). Sam J, we just got your postcard! The one from Argentina. Had too much wine to read it, but can't wait to read it when i've sobered up :) Take care and enjoy yourselves- i'm super jealous! Lots of love, Amy xxx
14th June 2007

yummy chocolate
Well girls what can I say, you both must have been in your element.... lots and lots of chocolate shops yummy! Glad you were able to rest and have some free time. I think I can talk for everyone when I say that we are all loving your blog so you can do as many entries as you like. I don't think we will ever get bored. Bring on the next one yes!

Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.045s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.027s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb