Salta!


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Salta » Salta
December 3rd 2009
Published: December 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

After San Pedro de Atacama, Esther, Lindsey, Carol and I took a bus to Salta, Argentina. Salta in a beautiful city in the northeast of Argentina, a city of about half a million people. We stayed at a nice hostel with a pool (essential, since it easily hits 35 degrees during the day in the spring). We spent our days in Salta shopping, sitting in cafes on the main plaza enjoying the local Salta beer, and going out for long dinners with steak and wine. Salta was my first experience of what Argentianian dining has to offer - i.e. amazing steak, pasta (due to the Italian influence on Argentina), and wine, and incredibly affordable prices.

On our last day in Salta, we also took the telerifico up to the top of the hill in Salta, and saw amazing views of the city. After that, I had to say a tearful goodbye to Esther (who I had been travelling with for almost two months), as well as Lindsey and Carol, and hopped on a night bus to Buenos Aires to meet Ashley, my friend from home that was flying into Buenos Aires to meet me for a few weeks of fun.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



5th December 2009

Where to stay in Salta?
If you are going to Salta I recommend you to stay at the best hostel in the city, where all the nice people meet.http://www.hostalprisamata.com/

Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0277s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb