5. The Wild North...


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Salta » Salta
March 3rd 2008
Published: March 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Scott cookingScott cookingScott cooking

... look how much meat!!!! We bought 7 kilos of cow!
This is just a quickie to update you on the crazy night we had after we last wrote....

J; Ouch! We left our lovely hosts Scott and Paula with a bang on saturday. The night before on friday had started with Bellinis whilst we prepared the for the arrival of the guests. Scott prepared an obscene amount of meat for a grand total on ten people that would be arriving.

Asados seem to be effortless here and they have a great system of having a raging fire to begin with then spreading out the hot coals for the cooking. Its a ritual. The fire has to burn down completely for you to get the coals which normally means your well on your way to quenching your thirst and building up an apetite.

The food was great and after the bellinis there were yet more cocktails. By this time my bastardised spanish is in full swing and as it dawns on all of us that we´ve had far to much to drink, the girls announce a cab has been called and we are leaving for one of cordoba´s best clubs. Now this is where my memory starts to get a little hazy... I remember being on the dance floor of what was indeed a great club, surrounded by the people I knew. Strobe light doing its stuff and me doing mine, flying the flag with Mae within my view.

Then I wake up... with the hangover to end all hangovers feeling like I´ve been run over and evidently looking like it too!

M; Yes, it is a mystery to us all..... when we arrived back at Scott and Paula´s pad on Saturday morning (we didn´t leave to go out to the club until 3.30am so you can imagine what time we get home!)... Paula asked Jack what he had done to his face... and we suddenly realised that he looked like he had either been punched or headbutted a pavement... but nobody who was there has any memory of anything happening... not even Jack himself!
Poor Jack... whatever he hit he hit it hard and now has a full blown black (well more purple) and swollen eye and a large graze on the side of his face!

Don´t worry... he is fine now and getting lots of sympathy from his doting wife! But it is
Knock-out JackKnock-out JackKnock-out Jack

The morning after the night before...
quite difficult to know what to say when people ask why my husband looks like he has been beaten up!....´you should have seen the other guy!¨

That´s it for now... though we may add a couple more pics tomorrow as we forgot to bring a cd with some on. Love to all xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb