Cafayate - BIkes & Wines again


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Salta » Cafayate
October 3rd 2009
Published: October 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

A short drive to Cafayate and we arrived at a big campsite which we pretty much had to ourselves. We spent the day walking around the town, which was pretty nice, small but pretty.

The first night was typically spent on camp, as we had a lot of booze to get through and the town didn't have many pubs. We cooked some great food, and made a huge vat of mulled wine. It was another really good campsite night, finishing at a silly hour.

We were up early the next day to hire Mountain bikes and cycle to a number of wineries in the area. It took us ages to find the first one, but it was absolutely stunning. We were supposed to do tastings, but quickly realised it was much cheaper to buy lots of wine and sit and drink that. The view was stunning, the weather was really good, and we ordered some platters of cheese, ham & olives.

We stayed there for hours trying the reds & whites, and only had time to sample one more winery during the day, which was a let down compared to the first one.

That night Argentina were playing another World Cup Qualifier, i think it was against Paraguay, anyway, they got beat again. We watched it with some locals in a bar with a big Steak and some drinks. We tried to have a night out that night but quickly realised nothing much was going on. We went to the local 'Mega Disco' which was empty, so decided to head back to camp. That night was freezing, and some of the group had upgraded to rooms, which i managed to sneak in...far too cold to camp.


Additional photos below
Photos: 34, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Food timeFood time
Food time

Eating on the edge of a big cliff, nice


Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0621s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb