Bus Ride


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
November 5th 2012
Published: November 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

For our next adventure, Abby and I are bussing it from Buenos Aires to Mendoza. We went ahead and slurged for the first class tickets which gives you a seat which fully reclines and your own personal Marcos, a very attractive Argentinian who makes it his own personal mission to ensure you have a full glass of wine during the entire 10 hour bus ride.

Abby and I made our temporary home out of a pile of blankets and pillows and settled in to watch a Spanish version of Pirates of the Carribean, which, thankfully we figured out how to get in English about 20 minutes later. For dinner we were served 100 pieces of bread and a pile of green beans, a meal I still call into question. There was a second course which came later which was a spinach pasta dish...which surprised me because as far as I was concerned, this entire country never ate anything that hadnt previously been alive.

10 hours later we pull into beautiful Mendoza, which started our next trek from the bus station to our hostel. It was sad to see Marcos go, but we both had our own lives to live and it wouldnt have been right to kidnap him, although we tried.

Fortunately our hostel was a super cute tiny house right near the bus station. We were able to drop our stuff off and shower to prepare for our first day in Mendoza.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



8th November 2012

first class meals ...
You know you're traveling first class when the meals come individually wrapped in cellophane!

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0343s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb