Still Argentina


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Misiones
August 4th 2017
Published: August 4th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday 25 July - Argentina



Although our hotel was in the park we were not allowed into the park until it opened at 08.00. We were advised to leave when it opened in a hope to beat the crowds. We left on time to explore the upper trail intending to catch the train to Devil's Throat when we finished. The upper trail was beautiful with many different butterflies and birds. We were excited to see toucans clearly in the trees. When we reached the railway station it was teeming with people and the queue was horrendous, so we decided to walk, it was a pleasant 2.5 km walk to the final station and then a 1.1km walk across a variety of board walks to the final waterfall which was spectacular but quite crowded. We walked back to the station and caught the train back. It was hot and lunchtime so we decided to have a snack lunch at the hotel before undertaking the exploration of the lower trail. We were not unduly concerned that we had now missed the last boat to the island trip, which included lots of steps! We completed the lower trail, more water, more birds, more coatis, more crowds but no monkeys. We adjourned to our rooms to shower and change for supper. Keith and I were enjoying a glass of wine with some cheese and olives soaking up the amazing view when I literally leapt out of my chair with a loud squeak as a monkey jumped on to the balcony rail baring its teeth and chattering loudly. "Keith, take a picture" I yelled from a safe distance as it leaped onto the table and stole a piece of cheese before running off. We then saw people on the patio with their cameras trained all over the hotel and realised ours was not the only one. I phoned Ismay and Ginny in their room advising them to go out to their balcony with a camera. I removed the remaining cheese and olives and watched as the tribe of monkeys surveyed the balconies for tit bits. It was slightly scary at he time as we had been advised how vicious they could be.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0531s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb