Iguazu Falls


Advertisement
Published: May 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: The Falls 1 25 secs
2: The Falls 2 33 secs
3: The Falls 3 9 secs
After the 5 hour bus ride to, and 10 hours waiting in Sao Paulo, where incidentally, we were happy to hear it is legal to run red lights at night as it is so dangerous, we jumped onto our first Cama bus for the 17 hour ride to Iguazu. For those of you not familiar with these buses, they have seats that are pretty much the same as business class on a plane from about 10 years ago. The bus only had 3 seats across and they reclined to 160 degrees. We both had a great nights sleep and would recommend a spin on one of these buses to anyone! As a tip - we would recommend that you sit upstairs if you do as the toilet is located downstairs and the 12 or so seats down there wouldn’t be very nice, judging by the smells we picked up on our visits…

Iguazu falls is located on the border of Argentina and Brazil, with both countries having parks allowing you to view the falls. As we have discovered that Brazil is more expensive than Argentina we decided to stay on the Argentinean side. This worked well, as we got to have more great Argentinean steak and red wine for dinner!

In the week leading up to our visit, there had been some torrential storms up river from the falls there flow levels for our trip were at record levels. We were told that the amount of water flowing was a 5 yearly event and meant we spent 2 full days soaked to the skin from all the mist. It was awe-inspiring!

We only stayed in town for 3 nights, with a day spent at the Brazilian park and a day spent at the Argentinean park. Both were brilliant fun, with different focuses:
• The Brazilian side is set more away from the falls with great views over to the Argentinean side allowing awesome panoramic. The final part of the walk that they have put into place takes you into the middle of one section of the falls which we have attached as a movie.
• The Argentinean side is obviously much more interactive, with the walks being directly over both large and small waterfalls and in some cases through large amounts of spray at the bottom of them.

On the day we went to Argentinean side, we chose to take a ridged inflatable boat ride out into the falls. The photos we have just don’t do it justice, we were saturated and went right up close to the falls, so close that we couldn’t even really see each other through the mist. Great fun.

We would recommend a trip to Igazu to anyone who hasn’t been there. It is awesome!

The pictures tell the story for this one, so we have attached a couple…

Next installment to come shortly!



Additional photos below
Photos: 42, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

IguazuIguazu
Iguazu

That's a boat in there!


Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0631s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb