Iguazu Falls, Argentina - Mar 09


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Misiones » Puerto Iguazú
March 23rd 2009
Published: March 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Once we arrived by bus to Foz de Iguazu (the Brazillian side) we had to catch a bus over to the Argentinian side. It was about 7am and the fog was thick. We had to go through two border crossings, which were suprisingly easy, only took about 2mins each!!

After having some breakfast at a cafe at the bus terminal in Puerto Iguazu (the Argentinian side) we caught a taxi out to our hostel, Hostel Inn, which is an ex casino and meant to be the best hostel in Argentina. Well it certainly lived up to its name!! We felt more like we were staying in a resort than a hostel, and it was still only AUD$20 each a night. The pool at the front of the complex was massive! The rooms were nice as well. We shared a 4 bed dorm with some English travellers, Paul and Steph, who we would later explore the falls with. Once we got settled we sat down with some beers by the pool. Every day at 6pm they hold a soccer game on the soccer field attached to the hostel, and of course Simon put his skills to good use. Hayley sat and watched the boys play a game of 5 a side soccer just as the sun was starting to set. It was a great site to see people from all nationalities and speaking different languages all playing the international language of Futball! After the game was dinner, and all you can eat buffet.. it was great!!!! That night we sat around with our new friends and had some more beers by the pool.

The next morning was an early start, up for breakfast, and off to the falls! We were very excited! We caught a cab into the falls with Paul, Steph and Marryanne. Our first walk was up to the ´Devil´s Throat´, the most famous of all the 270 falls. It was absolutely spectacular!! It was beyond words! And there was still more to come! The sheer enormaty of the falls was gobsmacking. It is definately something everyone should see before they die.

We had booked some tours while we were at the falls, we wanted to make the most of our experience (and for us, it was so cheap). Our first tour was a quiet boat ride in a rubber dinghy along the Iguazu River, through the delta, above the falls. We got to see a bit of wildlife and learn some interesting facts from our tour guide. After the tour we walked another of the tracks that took us along the top of the falls... just amazing! The views were magnificant! We had some lunch and waited for our second tour, the 4wd tour through the bush and then the boat ride! The boat ride took us in a speed boat right up to the falls, and then... UNDER THEM! It was exhillerating, so much fun! We got to go under two different falls. It was one of the best experiences we have ever had, actually being inside some of the most amazing falls in the world, with the water pounding down onto you, and all you can see is white! We got absolutely satuarated, not an inch of us was dry! We were on a high for the rest of the day then! We did some more walks of the falls and then headed home for our Argentinian BBQ and Brazillian dance show!



Advertisement



26th March 2009

Inspired
Hi, Myself and my girlfriend are flying to Rio on April 6th and after reading your blog I feel inspired and excited. We are planning to travel South to Buenos aeries and beyond that we are undecided. We will be staying for 3 months in total. As a massive football (soccer) fan I will be staying at the Hostel Inn upon your recommendation. take care

Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0508s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb