Puerto Iguazu, Argentina (28 December 2008 - 3 January 2009)


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Misiones » Puerto Iguazú
January 3rd 2009
Published: January 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Puerto Iguazu, Argentina (28 December 2008 - 4 January 2009)

Arriving in Foz do Iguacu (BRA) we immediately took a taxi over to the Argentinian side where we had booked a hostel upfront. There were to Israelian girls on our bus, so we shared the cab, got off at the Brazilien border to get the emigration stamp, stopped again on the Argentinian border control for passport controls and finally arrived at the Hostel-Inn, a fantastic resort-like place on the way out the the Verena & Helmut (Germany), two friends of London Eva's that I had met earlier in the year at the Oktoberfest and then also at the Geneva Boat Party, arrived in Puero Iguazu, and it didn't really take a lot of an efford to convince them to come out to our hostel and spend New Year's Eve with us in the hotel. What a party! First of all there was a cold buffet with BBQ and lots of caipirinhas, and then later on, around midnight, there was champagne for everyone and a big dancefloor & pool party! An absolut blast! Earlier in the day we had started to chat with Sol & Flor, two Argentinian girls from Buenos Aires, so we spend great night with them and their friends.
On Thursday, Sol, Flor, Christian and I took the local bus to go down to the Parana river, from where you have a great view over to the Paraguayan and Brazilian sides. Since there was a beach party in Paraguay, we would swim in theriver whilst listening and moving to some great latin beats. Good stuff. And very strange as well since you only felt being in a 3-countries-triangle when one of the Argentinian Marine border control speed boats were passing by.

In the evening we went out to the village where we had some drinks in a pub and then went to the Cuba Libre nightclub to shake our legs to some hot samba rhythms... Needless to say that the evening ended rather early in the morning again...
On the 2nd of January we basically ended up haning around in the lobby since the weather wasn't that great anymore. Also, Christian was leaving for Bolivia in the afternoon whilst Sol & Flor would unfortunately fly back to Buenos Aires (not without giving me their contact details so we can hook up at the end of next week...!). So I spent the rest of the afternoon by myself (also most of the other hotel guests had left) before joining Verena & Helmut in the village centre to go for a great meat dinner: Lomo (filet mignon)! absolutely fantastic what kind of best quality meat you can get here for little money! And of course, since it was their last evening, we went to a bar where we ended up drinking beer till 4am.... Good times! ;-)

Today, 8 people from the Rio Backpacker's arrived (Celeste, Michelle, Anja, Felicia, Morgan, Olli, Patrick & Troy), after spending New Year's at the Copacabana. It was really nice to meet up with them again, and we will for sure spend a great time in the hostel (pool side...) until i leave (maybe tomorrow, maybe only on Tuesday - I'll see....)

However, I'm planning to head down to Buenos Aires by Wed/Thur where I'm looking forward to meet up with Sol, Flor & Sigi!

(to be continued...)


Additional photos below
Photos: 48, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Iguazu WaterfallsIguazu Waterfalls
Iguazu Waterfalls

Christian and I
Iguazu WaterfallsIguazu Waterfalls
Iguazu Waterfalls

On the little train
Iguazu WaterfallsIguazu Waterfalls
Iguazu Waterfalls

On the little train
Iguazu WaterfallsIguazu Waterfalls
Iguazu Waterfalls

Lizzard (ca. 1,2m)


Tot: 0.288s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0562s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb