Iguaçu Falls


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Misiones » Puerto Iguazú
March 3rd 2008
Published: March 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

After a nightmare bus journey from Rio to Puerto Iguazu (30 hrs with 2 unsheduled bus changes) we were in good spirits arriving to our hostel, the hostel inn. The hostel is fab, has its own pool and the bar stays open 24hrs although on the first night I was too shattered to have anything more than a 7up! Very like me I know! The next day we decided to take it easy and slept in, then took a cab to the Brazilian side of the Iguaçu falls. It was amazing. There are 275 falls along 2.7 kilometres (1.67 miles) of the Iguazu River and some of the falls are up 82 meters in height. Having seen the falls from the Brazilian side we spent Sunday on the Argentinian side where there was a bit more to do, the falls are split into the lower circuit and the upper circuit. We also took a boat ride into what is known as the Devils Throat, the boat literally takes you in under the waterfall, you get soaked and in hindsight goggles would have been a great idea but it was worth it either way. Had lots of fun at the hostel inn, met some lovely people and even bumped into some of the guys I know travelling south america, was great to see them. The weather wasn´t the best so didn´t get much use out of the pool and i´m still pale as a ghost but not much I can do! Moving on to Patagonia in next few days....



Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0519s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb