Iguazu Falls


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Misiones » Puerto Iguazú
January 29th 2008
Published: February 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Iguazu Falls is an amazing place in the world; we would both put it on the list of our highlights so far, it is truly beautiful.

The falls lie on the border of Argentina and Brazil so we spent 2 nights on the Argentinian side and then 1 on the Brazilian side. It has to be said that the Argentinian side is probably the best but they both have very different view points.

On the Argentinian side we started by walking on the lower walkway, looking at the falls from above. As soon as they came into sight we kept stopping on every corner to take a photo! The width of the falls is so amazing and the amount of water plummeting to the bottom makes such a noise, followed by a huge mist that you can not help but get wet. We went on a boat out to an Island where we were able to get a head on view of the falls and again became mesmerized! But we had still not seen the largest of the falls.

Later that day we finally made it round to the 'Devils Throat' - the biggy! There was a long walkway walking out to the viewpoint and on the way we spotted a bird capturing and killing a fish to eat - all caught on video by the camcorder! (You have to remember that the falls are in the middle of the jungle so there is a lot of wildlife to see too!) Eventually we began to catch sight of the waterfall and my word it was big! The width of it was huge and the amount of spray coming off it was phenomenal that you could not see the bottom of it. We took picture after picture and ended getting very wet but it was so hot that it was nice to cool off.

A couple of days later we crossed the border and went into the falls on the Brazilian side. Whilst walking to the falls we saw some beautiful butterflies in all sorts of colours, some of which we got on camera. When we saw the falls this time we were looking onto them from afar and it made us realise again just how large they really are - according to Steve they have nothing on Niagra! Again the camera came out for one after another shots and we were able to walk closer to the bottom of the 'Devils Throat' fall, although there was still so much mist that you could not really see much, especially as my sunglasses kept getting soaked in water droplets!

After 2 days at the falls we still could have gone back for more but time was upon us and so was money!!

Next was Rio for Carnaval.............




Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

A break from the waterfalls...A break from the waterfalls...
A break from the waterfalls...

on the train to see more waterfalls!
The big daddy....The big daddy....
The big daddy....

or devils throat as it is known
usus
us

... thinking about it now, it would make a great location for a wet t-shirt competition...
ahhhhhh.... isn't it cuteahhhhhh.... isn't it cute
ahhhhhh.... isn't it cute

but a right bugger to catch up on film
Holy S**THoly S**T
Holy S**T

didn't like it one bit.


Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.048s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0555s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb