Iguazu Falls


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Misiones » Puerto Iguazú
January 28th 2008
Published: January 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello friends! Its been a few days since Ive updated, we have seen and experienced many wonderful and beautiful things. We arrived today in Puerto Iguazu home of the famous Iguazu Falls, and are planning on spending all day tommorrow there. We are also hoping to get our Brazilian visas tommorrow so we can travel to Rio, we were unsuccessful in BsAs.
So, after we left BsAs we went to The National Park of Palms, it was amazing. Basically it was a palm tree forest. Rachel and I agreed that we felt like we were watching a movie the whole time because it seemed so unreal. There are huge palm trees there, as far as your eyes can see. We camped there 2 nights and had the chance to meet a few Argentines, chill with them and drink some mate. (if you don´t know Yerba Mate, its a tea that they drink here obsessively in Argentina, kinda like how we are with coffee, but moreso) After the Palms, we went to a small town Yepeyu, of about 2,000 people, which was founded by the Jesuits when they came to South America, and also was the home of General San Martin, Liberator of Chile, Argentina and Peru. That was very nice, very friendly small town people. We had a small taste of Carnival there, they had it Saturday night, it was so bizzare. Basically it was a parade where many of the youth in the town participated. THe girls wore something less than a bikini with TONS of glitter-sparkles-feathers, and danced down the street, while the guys formed something like a drum squad. What was most shocking to Rachel and I was that there were girls so young, they were in diapers in this parade in these outfits. And some of them didn´t even cover their behind, and they were like 10. Yeah, really crazy, definitly a very different culture of the body than in the USA. Another cultural adjustment Rachel and I haven´t quite been able to adapt to is their dinner-night activities. Most Argentines don´t eat dinner until after 9, and some as late as 12. So, when they go out at night, many are out till 6am, and even later. We have yet to pull an all nighter, we shall see about that, probably in Rio.
I can´t believe its only been 10 days, it feels so much longer, because I have seen so much. I am completely blown away every day I am here at the greatness of God´s creation, and the variety, and the beauty. Many times I am just speechless by what I see and all that I can do is say, ¨Wow God, you are awesome. This world is so incredible. Thank you.¨ I feel so blessed to have this opportunity. I miss you guys and you are all in my prayers. There is so much more I would love to share, and hopefully I will be able to post photos at some point. But this is all for now, Love YOU!!!!!
Becky

Advertisement



29th January 2008

fun
It sounds like you both are having fun and adjusting to the culture there. You are missed! Can't wait to see pictures! Love you mucho! mo

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0381s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb