Iguacu falls - Argentinian side


Advertisement
Published: December 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Last day in Foz and decided to do the Argentinian side of the falls today. We got a bus which took us to the border and then had to pay for another bus to take us to a bus stop, where we waited for another bus to take us to the falls.

Theres several paths that you can take around the national park to see all the different waterfalls. We read to leave the garganta del Diablo till the end as the other parts will make for a good lead up to it.

There's an upper circuit which is quiet short and takes you along the top of some rather impressive waterfalls. Finished that quite quickly and moved on to the lower circuit which goes to the same falls but you can go right up to it. There's a small island that is between 2 waterfalls that you get a host to and walk up to the top to get close to the falls which is really impressive. We were pretty conscious of time as we had buses leaving to different places and had to get several buses back and go through the border control.

There was a train that took us round to the very top end of the park. From here there was a walkway that goes over the river. It went across the river widthways and went on for about a kilometre - its a very big river. A short while before getting to the ganganta del diablo we heard it. All of a sudden we were stood at the edge of the falls. There was so much spray and most I couldn't see the bottom. It was incredibly loud. Sadly the weather wasn't as good as the day before so the photos didn't come out that well but the experience was unbelievable. Think we spent about half an hour just watching the water coming down. As we went when it was still technically the dry season the amount of water was less the the wet season, obviously, but more water than that and you probably won't have been able to see anything.

We were a bit rushed for time on the way back so quick showers and thank you's to the guys we'd stayed with. Our ride to the station was somewhat of a rally drive which was fun. Made it there with 15 minutes till my bus to Sao Paolo. Hadn't had time to eat anything substantial during the day as we just kept on moving so I was rather hungry, and sunburnt. Got myself a huge meal from the canteen at the station. It didn't register as a bad idea because a large meal isn't going to be that quick. 2 minutes before my bus left my food still hadn't arrived so I trudged empty bellied onto my 17 hour bus journey. I found a pack of biscuits in my bag, as you do, so that was dinner.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb