Wet and wild (well, definitely wet anyway) - Iguazu


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Misiones » Iguazú National Park
September 14th 2012
Published: September 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Well we were so exciting about to Iguazu that we actually hopped on a plane and flew there. When we got to Puerto Iguazu, as I recall, we basically dumped our stuff at some hostel and ran there as fast as our legs could carry us... and then hustled onto the little train thing (unfortunately the train only goes about 5mph so the hustled was put on pause for a while), hotstepped through the myriad of walkways, until finally, there it was - la garganta del diablo, aka, the main bit.

And yeh... it was AMAZING. You can hear it well before you get there, building up the ol{ suspense, and then bam. A shit load of water. Ok, I{m not a vey good descriptive writer, so You{ll have to trust me. Its awesome (in the correct sense of the world), so much water tumbling everywhere, so loud.. it was mesmerising. We just stared at it for ages. In fact we took videos of it! Don{t worry, I can{t upload stuff on this computer so i won{t bore you with them. You probably had to be there.

But yeh, we bloody loved it. We actually spent three days there - well, 2 and half, nipping to the Brazil side for the day as well. Though they didn{t stamp my passport so I can{t claim that... Brazil will just have to wait till another trip... The brazil side was cool in a diferemt way, you get some more panaromic views, but also theres a walkway that goes right through the waterfalls where again, you{ve guessed it, you get wet. Hooray! Me and my super fancy waterproof multi-layered North face jacket were fine, but sara had to spalsh out on a white Iguazu poncho, which made her a look like she was in a water fearing sect of the Ku Klux Klan.

But anyway... on top of the waterfalls, it was just generally a lovely place to be - all in all it was lovely - the sun was shining, butterflies were everywhere (including on me half the time) and rainbows kept appearing in the water. Bit of a girly-girlfest. But they manned it up a bit with some the boat rides - we went on the quick one that basically takes you into two of the cascades. Where you get absolutely soaked and whoop like a child as water pounds into your face. Me and my waterproof camera were loving it. Though as i recall the photos were pretty much a massive blur of water. Again, you should count yourself lucky i can{t upload snaps here... Anyway, it was fun! Despite having three days, it was actually a little hard to leave - knowing i{d probably never see such an amazing thing ever again.

No seriously. It{s awesome. Awe. to the power of Some. Ask Sara.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0565s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb