Iguazu Falls - simply jaw dropping!


Advertisement
Published: August 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Iguazu Falls is one of the world’s greatest natural attractions, it is simply a must do if you visit South America.



We visited from the Brazilian side first. It is close to the airport so we stored our luggage in lockers at the airport and caught a bus to the falls.



The falls are massive and spectacular; you need to visit to get a sense of the power and size because photographs do not do them justice. Fortunately the day was clear and warm so after walking out to one of the viewing platforms and becoming rather damp, we dried off easily before catching the return bus.


After retrieving our bags, we caught a taxi from the airport to the border with Argentina. We recommend that you get the taxi driver to take you all the way to the Argentine border post because the two borders are several kilometres apart. We stayed at a nice hostel for the night, ‘Garden Stone’, and we would recommend it to other travellers.



It was good seeing the falls from the Brazilian side first which gives you a great overall view of the incredible size. On the Argentinean side you get a much more intimate view and a powerful experience of the falls, which means you should be prepared to get soaked from the spray, or bring a coat!



We recommend taking the time to visit the falls from both sides.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



15th September 2012
Leigh and Eileen - Brazil

Hey
hi i see you

Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb