The Majestic Iguassu Falls


Advertisement
Published: October 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: The view from the bottom!! 9 secs
2: The view from the top!! 18 secs
So, we left you leaving Bonito. Now, to get to Puerto Iguazu it was quite a journey. After hopping on the bus in Bonito, we had 6 hours on the first bus, 3 hours at Dourados bus station until midnight, another 7 hours on another bus (very comfy recliner seats though), 30mins at Cascavel bus station, and then another 2 hours on our last bus. We then arrived in Foz do Iguassu, to a television station filming our arrival. Thought we were very popular, until we realised that there must have been a Find my Family thing happening, as one of the older ladies got filmed getting off and being introduced to a much younger lady and her family, everyone crying and happy. It was fantastic to watch, even though we didn't have a clue what was being said!! 😊 At Foz do Iguassu we caught a cab across the border into Argentina to arrive at Puerto Iguazu at our hotel, Hotel La Sorgente, for the next 2 nights.
We checked in, went for a nice walk around town where we got some cash, had some lunch (empanadas - pastie like things) and went to see where Argentina, Brazil and Paraguay are seperated by a river!! Quite Awesome!! We got back, had a shower and went down to dinner in the hotels Italian restuarant. Now dinner is usually uneventful, but this was different...After ordering our meals, we got them fairly quickly as it wasn't too busy. Mischa got into his, to find out that it was still cold in the middle. THey took it back and heated it up more, and enjoyed the rest of it. Next was dessert. Mischa ordered creme caramel and Jess the Passionfruit mousse. They quickly came back to let us know that the mousse wasn't available. She re-ordered the chocolate cake, and soon both desserts came out. Jess' was beautiful, while Mischa thought his was off or just not what he was used to, so had a little bit, then didn't eat any more. When the waiters came back to pick up the dishes and asked why Mischa hadn't eaten too much, Mischa just said he didn't like it and was full. They took the desserts away, and we thought nothing of it. Soon enough though, they brought out a tiramisu for Mischa for free as they had checked the dish (Mischa saw them through the kitchen glass) and had found out it was off. Mischa really didn't want any more, but had to eat it to make them feel better. It was yummy, but we were both VERY full afterwards!! Up in the room, we realised we hadn't tipped (the service was fantastic), so Mischa quickly made his way back down and then it was off to bed!!
15th October 2010, today we slept in!!! We headed down at 9:30am for brekky, which consisted of sweet pastries and real orange juice (not like in Brazil where it is more like cordial!) and tea for Jess. Then we headed into town and caught the bus to Iguassu National Park, where we spent the majority of the day walking the trails and watching the falls. You can get very close (literally on top and underneath them!!) so we got saturated (poncho's don't work when they're in the bag!!) but had a great time and got some GREAT photos!! We even saw some monkeys and coati there too....
We left there at about 3pm on the bus so we could get ready to meet our fellow tour companions. We had a meeting at 6pm going over a few things and met the other 7 people doing our tour with us (there are already 16 who have started earlier) and Jules and Logan our guides/drivers. All very nice people, with another Aussie, a few Pom's and Kiwi's and a Belgian. We decided we would go out for dinner together, which was nice but expensive. We all decided that that wouldn't be a trend to continue!! 😊 It was then about 10:30pm, so we strolled back to the hotel and am know just about to publish this blog for you all!! Enjoy...


Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



16th October 2010

Wow, you're famous on south american TV!

Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0243s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb