The Foz II - from Argentina


Advertisement
Published: July 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

toucan toucan toucan

lovin it - he knows hes on camera
Who would have thought it could get any better?

From the Argentian Side (and did my first border cross today!) saw even bigger falls, and rode through them, around them, underneath them on a speedboat! We took front seat and yelled for more, to the dismay of the poor elderly American couple wearing rain coats, with the bizaare preconception that they would not be getting ¨this¨ wet!
Utterly amazing..

We set off for a compulsory part of our package, the bird park.. But this was so much more than a bird park!
We walked in and amongst the biggest parrots I have ever seen, elegant flamingos and cute toucans! Managed to practice my Spanish on a giggling parrot, and could have spent hours in a butterfly house with humming birds..

Have managed to control my urge to shop so far, but let loose in the Foz.
After much deliberation, decided to buy a Brazillian bikini, as my one-piece was out of place at local beaches, let alone our trendy hotel, and the funniest toucan cocktail shaker whom you will all have the pleasure of meeting!

xx haze xx


we love the foz, not enough could
toucan IItoucan IItoucan II

toucan talkin it up
be said more highly of the foz, all should come to the foz. we are staying in something a little more upmarket than we are used to but no more expensive. the hotel has huge grounds, including a few swimming pools with waiters ready for our next caipirinha order, tennis court, soccer field, buffet breaky and the occasional english speaking guest, one of which is so overjoyed he found us he is yet to stop speaking.
nothing goes wrong in the foz. our meals, our trips to town, the prices, the people, even our boarder crossings have been with ease. we were ready for an extensive bag searching experience inflicted on all but when they heard we were from australia we got waved through.
then there is the bird park. ahh my favourite part of brazil. this isnt a bird park where you look at birds through a cage, give off a few ooo´s and ahh´s and be on your way. everything is on the loose, we walk amongst them all and they are all in full sight. big amazonian parrots land on heads, flamingos, butterflys everywhere. you gotta watch out for those toucan´s - they are cheeky fellas flying
toucan IIItoucan IIItoucan III

toucan workin it - make sure you get me from this angle
past you as close and fast as they can, then posing for photos but charging at you before you can get the shot off. we loved the toucan so much we have numerous gawdy toucan tourist souvenirs.
--dan--


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.548s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 14; qc: 67; dbt: 0.2386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb