Iguazu Falls


Advertisement
Published: January 25th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The Iguazu Falls were breath-taking. They are the widest waterfalls in the world and are truly beautiful.

Our first day was spent on the Argentinian side, where we walked under the falls and then over them, getting soaked from the spray in some places.

In the afternoon we took a truck ride through the jungle (nothing compared to the Amazon) and then went on a jet boat ride into the falls. As if we didn't get wet enough from the driver spinning the boat around, we then went very close to the cascades and got drenched- it was great fun!

Day two at the falls was spent on the Brazilian side. Although it was not as much fun, the view was more spectacular as the majority of the falls are on the Argentinian side and therefore more visible across the river. There is also more wildlife to be seen, including cute coatimundis.

From this side we were able to get close to 'Devil's Throat', the most powerful part of the waterfalls. We should have been able to walk above it on the other side but the walkway had been swept away by recent floods.

Apparently these are the most beautiful falls in the world and we can well believe it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 71; dbt: 0.0637s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb