Kiora -Puerto Iguazu and the animial with ´Rabies´


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Misiones » Iguazú National Park
December 15th 2007
Published: December 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hullo,

Yesterday Emily posted a blog about Foz Iguazu, the Brazilian side of the waterfalls, and if remember correctly she said she wouldn't bore you with the details of the waterfall. Seeing as this is my last blog and considering that i don't care about boring you i shall describe our visit to the Argentine side of the falls.
Hullo,

We arrived safely in Puerto Igazu yesterday at 5pm ish. Its good to be back in Argentina, stuff is so much cheaper than brazil, i had an awesome dinner last night, Lasange to be precise, and beer and it cost about $10 NZ, it would have cost $40 in Brazil. Anyways this morning we set off to see the Argentine side of the waterfalls. It was pritty cool, i liked it better than the Brazil side, it was more organised and there was more good walks to do. First we did the green trail which goes through the bush, we didn't see much wildlife but it was a nice walk. Then we did the lower trail which gives you a view of the falls from down below, that was pritty choice. There is a little Island infront of the falls that you can catch a free ferry over to. So next we did that. We got some more good views of the waterfall from the Island. Next it was the upper trai. Just before we were about to start the upper trail we saw some Coaties, we had been wanting to see some all morning cuz there were signs all over the place saying not to feed them cuz they can bite. They are like racoons and are very cute. Yesterday we were told that some of the animals have Rabies and not to touch them, so as much as i wanted to pat one, i didn't. The upper trail gave us more views of the waterfall, this time from a heigher angle. There is a little electic train that takes you to a walk that leads out to the top of the falls on the very edge. So lastly we did that. Walkways above the river take you right out so you are metres away from the edge of the top of the falls. It was pritty cool and the amount of water going over the edge is amazing. So anyways that was our Igazu adventure. Oh yea and on the train ride back a saw a little black monkey in the tree, choice.

Tommorrow is emilys birthday so we just be chillen in Puerto Iguazu doing i'm not to sure what. Then on Monday me and Emily split. She's going up to Goiania to visit the Brazilian we meet in Buenos Aires, Winston and i'm going back to Buenos Aires for my flight home.




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.184s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 54; dbt: 0.1554s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb