WOW


Advertisement
Published: June 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well, the earliest start of the trip so far, we got up at 7;15 and headed for IGAUZU. Emma persauded me that the boat trip was worth it, i thaught that £17 was too exspensive but as usual she was right. We got to the park just as it was opening and booked staight onto the Grand Adventure tour. The tour consisted of a 30 min jouney through the jungle to the shore of the Igazua river. from there it was up river to the mighty falls. As we entered into the canyon of the falls the area opens in front of you and endless cascades begin to pour into the basin. It was absolutly amazing, we got brought right under the fallsand got drenched! it was a real adrenaline rush and keep us warm from the v. cold water.


About 150 photos later we were on our way to San Martin Island for some great views probably the best of the day. The rest of the day was filled with Coatis (Racoon type things) Rainbows over the falls and a run in with our friend from earlier in the trip Jaun Pablo. After lunch it was off to the star of the show The Devils Throat. A hugh waterfall that you can get within touching distance of. We had spent 8 hours in the park and it had felt like 30 mins. Such a great day. That night we cooked some Pasta and met 3 New Zealanders back at the hostel. Discuessed irish chances in the World Cup.They said theyd lieke us to win it if they dont!! The next day it was off to the Brazilian side not nearly as good but still worth a visit. You get a full panoramic view from that side were as argentina side gets you close up.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0486s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb