Iguazu Falls


Advertisement
Published: April 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

I departed Buenos Aires quite sad, again leaving my friends behind, but I was also extremely excited about the journey ahead of us. I was heading to Iguazu with Nick from Scotland. We happened to book the Inca trail in Peru for the same week (end of May) and so we are heading there together through northwest Argentina and Bolivia.

We found a rather standard hostel in Port Iguazu (Argentina) and headed for the waterfalls falls in Brasil. In minutes after entering the national park, we were surrounded by hundreds of butterflies. They followed us everywhere, frequently landing on our body to be carried around. The view on the falls was quite spectacular - water gushing everywhere around; but the main attraction - the Devil’s Throat was on the Argentinean side. We headed there the second day. The weather was excellent, sunny but not too warm thanks to the massive amounts of water around and the frequent sprinkles of water coming from the waterfall. The view on the falls from the walkway, just two meters from where the water was breaking, was absolutely overwhelming. It was also deadly -unsuspecting butterflies curiously flying over the edge to follow the water crushing few hundred meters down in the valley were quickly sucked into the air tunnel, heading for a sure death.

After exploring the waterfalls, we went for a jungle hike leading to a laguna with just another waterfall. An amazing place to swim and shower in the water falling down from perhaps 40 meters or more. Absolutely the best massage you can imagine - chilling water beating the whole body, making your breath stop for a moment, cleaning you from all impurities collected on the journey. Just as the sun was coming down, the jungle came to life. We came across something that resembled a small pig that didn’t really care or mind our presence, and a whole monkey family - jumping from one tree to another seemingly in a random pattern; perhaps just playing.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 67; dbt: 0.0644s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb