iguazu


Advertisement
Published: February 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Us again! well we´ve made the classic but must do groc pilgrimage to the wonderful iguazu falls and it was well worth it. We stayed in a great little hotel called St George in Puerto Iguacu which had a great swimming pool and poolside bar with hamoc and serving deadly caiparinhas! weather is hot and humid, like a sauna. We visited the argentinian side of the falls first with a guide. This gave a close up view of the various waterfalls, including the so called devil´s throat!. The scale of it is truly amazing. The next day we then got our passports out again to see a wider perspective from the brazilian side showing a panoramic view of all of the falls. Racoons kept us company on the way round... We had the most gorgeous food here and in fact one of the nicest meals of our journey so far. Love the Malbec wine too ;-)

it was then off to the infamous Rio....where we took a foggy taxi trip up to the top of corcovado mountain. We were hoping to hang glide off of Corcovado but the weather was not good enough. Oh well, we'll just have to come back another time :-) Luckily it cleared a bit and we could see all the spectacular sights and sugar loaf mountain in the distance. We then walked over to Ipanema and Copacabana beaches which go on for miles with lots of coconut sellers and bars along the way. In the evening a local footy team was playing and the streets were alive with cheers. A samba band were also practising for the carnival which was great fun, with naked painted ladies!!! Where were all the naked men (hels)?

Paraty was next...a 4 hour bus ride took us to this lovely colonial town and our treat of staying in a luxury poussada called bambubamboo. We really recommend Paraty and it´s cobbled streats and arty shops. The highlight was a day schooner trip around the various islands off the coast where we stopped for lots of snorkeling and a fabulous lunch of moqueca, a bahian dish. White sand, turqoise sea - this is definately the life......

next to the african heartbeat of brazil....salvador, see you soon x



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Iguassu falls, BrazilIguassu falls, Brazil
Iguassu falls, Brazil

Friendly neighbourhood racoons!
BrazilBrazil
Brazil

Paraty
BrazilBrazil
Brazil

Paraty


23rd February 2007

Aloha from London
It sounds like a brilliant trip and I'm loving the blog. Where are you now? Also do you have any pics? Looking forward to the next installment, take care Caroline x
26th February 2007

Hi
Hi Roddy and Helen, Hope you 2 are having fun, try and add some more photo's on when you get the chance. All good over here, its actually sunny today which makes a change. We are entered into a 2 day football tourney in April at pro 5, so that is something to look forward to when you get back. See you soon JC

Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.034s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb