Iguazu Falls


Advertisement
Published: February 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Iguazu Falls was amazing. It is the most stunning place we have been yet....they were so perfect that they almost seemed fake!! I think in total there are 275 waterfalls that are in the park. There was the main one though at the top of the park that just blew us away. The amount of water running over the edge was just unbelievable, it was so powerful and loud. The park was well set up cause we could view all the falls from the bottom,the middle and the top.
We walked around the park and got a boat ride over to the island to get another view of the falls which was cool. There were so many tourists there on the first day we went that we decided to go back for a second day to view the large waterfall cause we could not cope with the loud and rude American tourists (sorry Sarah I know you read this) that were pushing us out of the way and then getting into our photos!! All in all though it was really amazing to be there.

We have decided not to go to Foz Iguazu (on the Brazilian side) cause we have had reports from other backpackers that it was just not worth it. So we are off to Florianapolis tonight and then will be catching up with Aline next weekend in Campo Grande so cant wait to see her again.

There was nothing else to do in Puerto Iguazu (where we were staying) so we just chilled out in the wonderful hot sun and read books and in the evenings played pool, drinking games which goes hand in hand with dranking copious amounts of alcohol. We meet a hilirious English guy and a Welsh guy at our hostel and spent most of our time with them. The English guy has a sister that lives in Wai O taki Bay so that was cool to talk to him about home cause he had just come from there and had spent 7 months around NZ.

Seriously nothing else to report from Puerto Iguazu, no cool buildings, no interesting local people (everyone there was tourist), no museums. Nada.

We are getting kinda sad that we have to leave South America soon cause it has been an awesome place to be. The people are so lovely and friendly. We have been in Brazil for only a few hours and are already having trouble with the change in language but hopefully will pick it up pretty quickly.

Love you all heaps

Loves from us



Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Liz and TomLiz and Tom
Liz and Tom

Tom the Protector


Tot: 0.158s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1178s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb