A trip to no (wo)mans land


Advertisement
Published: January 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

We left Rio on Monday and hit for iguazu. 24hours and 132 stops of a bus journey and we were there. Luckily enough the bus was comfortable with big reclining chairs and all that. We stayed in Foz do Iguazu for one night. We hopped on a bus with some friendly argi who told us this is the bus for the falls. 20 minutes later we whizzed past some building with military goons all over (which later turned out to be brazillian border). cars were all stopped and the flags went from green, yellow and blue to blue and white. It finally dawned on us that we had crossed the border when we saw a big "welcome to argentina sign".
The bus stopped at a 2nd building (which turned out to be the argentine border) and we were all told to get out and go through immigration. we asked the argi what the story was and he said this is the way to the argentian falls. Cheers guy. So there we were, passportless in nomans land between to border checkpoints, surrounded by heavily armed, non english speaking trigger happy argentinians. Sweat started to pour and there was a strong waft of poo for a few moments . we found some guy that told us get back on the next bus going back to brazil and all should be fine. at the brazillian border we didnt whizz past again but stopped and everyone had to get off the bus. Q poo smell again (i think they must have been spreadin in the fields or something). luckily it was just a foot and mouth thing and we all boarded the bus again and hit for brazil. We made it to the falls about 2 hours later (it should have taken us 10 minutes). Twas good.
buenos,

We crossed the border (officially) the next day and stayed on the argentinian side for two days in this hostel come hotel thing, which was class. did the falls from the argi side which were far better. great views and trekking through the jungle.

Arrived in posadas yesterday which is down on the way to buenas aires. Just been walking around the city and all that today. Nice place and very friendly people. Food and wine are class in argentina and extremely cheap.

Went raving on sat night in the complex of our hostel...DJ Dero local argentinian dude who is pretty popular with the chicos! Our hostel was in a class settin over looking the river and Paraguay on the other side.

On that note,


Don Juan y Donna Juanita



Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0472s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb