Bikes, Wine and More Steak


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Mendoza
April 19th 2009
Published: April 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Mendoza, not at all what i pictured. i had in mind that it would be a small town with a cool style set in the country side of wine vineyards. Not the case. It was a dirty city just away from the country. not that is was bad at all but it just didn't pop to me. it had a good section of pedestrian streets that almost reminded me of La Ramblas in Barcelona. This area had a very European look. Mendoza is also packed full of huge parks that we decided not to walk through due to the size. it would have taken a day to get through them. i don't have much to report from Mendoza other than a few fantastic steak dinners and even more great wine. We signed up for a bike and wine tour that sounds like a deadly mix but it was great fun. We started at about 11am to give ourselves plenty of time to visit all the wineries. It was a blast! we went through a company called Mr. Hugo^s and they were great! they gave us water, our bikes and a glass of wine at the end of the day. And on top of all that Mr. Hugo personally paid for our return bus. Well done Sir! We managed to hit all the wineries as well as a chocolate factory and an olive farm. We sampled all the goods and took tours of each place we stopped. We bought a few bottles of wine along the way to share with our group of riders. it was a fun way to see the sites, take in some knowledge about the local wines and have a few laughs while getting in some fitness. As far as our dinners...i don't even have the words to describe the food i have had. The steak is incredible! so much flavor and so tender! it is like they use a different kind of cow down here! thats it for the highlights...nothing too crazy...sorry.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.277s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0448s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb