Loads of pics from Lujuan and up and down to Aconcagua


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Mendoza » Mendoza
December 28th 2011
Published: December 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

MKMD aka as multiple km day, one thing is for sure this place is big, a little excursion is about 300 km or so and as the fuel gauge on the car is somewhat erratic and not all petrol have petrol or electricity to pump it up one is not really sure whether we will get there or not.

And to walk 200 km to get some petrol is not a good idea especially if the sun's up and it's 36C like yesterday.

Any way we went up to have a glimpse of Aconcagua so armed with a map and an as it turned out , not full tank, we set forth.Everything is very arid to put it mildly at most there 's shrubbery about and som grass.

Wildlife consists of a few birds and the very odd lama althoug yesterday we saw 7 or so standing on a slope betwee 2 hairpin bends.

Up and around Aconcagua was very nice and cool, 3000 m up makes a difference.

Pretty flowers, three ducks and a little bird and magnificent views were our reward for going there.

According to aN Italian ecologist the environmental impact on Aconcagua due to the hole in the ozone layer and global warming is quite high, we were lucky to see it.

Going back we took the high road on the map it shoved some dirt and nothing more , an ordinary secondary road.

It was NOT!!! ruta 52 was a dlight for those who love gravel and hairpins and breathtaking views.

I've driven the Transfargarasan highway and the Stelvio pass in Europe and they could be classified as ckicken feed compared to this.

There's a pic of the GPS shoving a bit of the route and it certainly made up for the montonity of the Pampa!

And all gravel and loose rocks and a steep cliff on the left side for something like 40 km WOW.

Today is sightseeing and maybe a winery tour


Additional photos below
Photos: 43, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0192s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb